Right now, the subject to mobile application testing has been a growing issue. Thanks to the growth of mobile device and its uses, mobile design test and application testing are rather indispensable. As per the latest research studies, users are known to have quite low tolerance levels for the buggy mobile applications. The current impact of these bugs can lead to decrease in store rating of the application, the poor form of user experience, credibility and reputation loss and even switching to the present application of the competitor. All these, can together, lead to the reduction in sales rate for the paid applications.
More on test case design:
Mobile testing has been in vogue for years now, right from the time smartphones came into being. In this field, mobile design test forms an indispensable part of the entire mobile testing routine. Executing and preparing some of the predefined test cases specific to the mobile crashes can often simplify and accelerate current testing of the application crashes. There are some useful testing scenarios available, which track the mobile application crash.
- Verification of application behavior with newly released OS version
- Behavior of app in different devices with multiple OS, screen resolutions, and carriers
- Working on application behavior in areas with no networks and its application by changing network manually from Wi-Fi to cellular and vice versa
- Application behavior in areas like lifts and tunnels, where the network quality fluctuates
Types of mobile app testing:
Before you head for mobile design test, it is mandatory to get a quick look at the types first. Each one has its own specific features to consider.
Functional testing:It performs on the functional behavior of application for ensuring that app works as asked for. Testing is performed mostly on the user interface and application based call flows.
- Just like other UI applications, the mobile application will require multiple human considerations.
- If functional testing takes place manually, it can be a rather complex, time-consuming and exhaustive task because of mobile challenges like various OS, types of mobile devices and applications involving devices.
- So, functional testing needs various human resources, time and money to automatically work on the testing procedure. Teams can finally combine automated tests with selected manual testing for balancing efficiency and coverage of functional testing.
Performance testing:Here, the procedure is carried out by the tester for testing the actions and performance of the application, which passes through multiple mobile devices challenges. Some of those challenges are poor battery power, network out of the coverage area, poor bandwidth, less memory, transferring heavy files and even concurrent approach to the server of application. It will help in affecting the performance of the mobile app, so testing is mandatory.
Interrupt testing:This procedure involves testing of the mobile application, which might be interrupted while using any application. It can hamper mobile app development services and should be tested as soon as possible.
- These interruptions can be associated with outgoing and incoming calls, SMS and MMS
- Incoming notification and cable or battery insertion interruptions
- Network recovery and outage issues
- And switching on and off of media player
Memory leaking test:It forms another crucial part of the mobile test cases, which helps in presenting an ideal bug report lately. Memory leakage is one of the major negative issues of the current mobile application testing, which can affect mobile performance directly.
- Because of the memory leakage, the process can easily slow down a bit while transferring files or accessing mobile devices in between any procedure. It might switch off the device automatically.
- So, mobile devices are associated with limited memory when compared to the computer system. Most of the mobile OS applications are currently using extreme memory designed for processing. That makes memory leaking testing a prominent part to check the functionality of the application.
Security testing:Here, the main purpose of this testing is to work on application’s network security and data. Here, these issues are thoroughly checked to see whether the application is responding as per the given guidelines or not.
Operational testing:Most of the smart devices these days come with in-build backup panels and data recovery functions. It helps in recovering and saving files or documents of the applications or mobile devices, which you lot due to some uncanny reason. With the help of operational testing, you can test the recovery and backup procedure in particular for working properly and also responding as per the growing requirements.
Can be found earlier:
Trained and experienced mobile app developer works hard to get these testing modules working as soon as possible. If used on time, then they will be able to find the crash related bugs at the earlier stages of the development cycle. So, the development teams will be able to clarify the reasons for crashes and performance issues and can pen down the right solutions. It will help in improving the quality of the application and satisfy user experience.
Jennifer Ruth is a mobile app developer and currently working at HireMobileGeeks to manage the services for android app development in the USA. She likes to share her knowledge with tech savvy peoples in the form of articles. You can follow her on Facebook to get more updates.