Rome wasn't internal a day, plus the same relates to blogging. It takes time, patience and lots of persistence before results will show.
But what's more, it means with all the right tactics. This article offers you 101 essential ways to start getting ready to start for your blog site - and pay attention to your traffic levels, along with your blog, transform.
1. Ensure you have put in place an email list - when your list grows, so will your traffic.
2. Include a call to action with each post that encourages readers to sign up your list.
3. Use popovers, popups, links etc. to encourage people to become listed on your list.
4. Test different lead magnets to draw higher opt-in levels.
5. Set up squeeze pages using the sole reason for building your list.
6. Split test all list-building pages, links and banners for maximize conversions.
7. Set up regular solo ads to create your list (and following that your blog traffic).
8. Communicate regularly with the list to develop relationships and attract traffic.
9. Send an ezine each time your site is updated.
10. In your ezine, utilize the Featured Image from each article to increase engagement and drive traffic.
11. Only range from the first paragraph with your email - link to your website for the full post.
12. Include archived posts within your ezine for further click-throughs.
13. Create follow-up messages for brand spanking new subscribers linking to key blog articles.
14. Split test subject lines of one's emails to maximise open rates.
15. Encourage new subscribers to whitelist your email.
16. Create a Facebook Page - post content strongly related to your marketplace.
17. On your Facebook Page profile, url to an opt-in page for ones list.
18. Include your website's URL with your header image and provide a lead magnet.
19. Update to Facebook with each new post.
20. Promote your post with all the "Boost Post" option on Facebook.
21. Ensure blog visitors can "Like" you directly (employ a Facebook widget).
22. Add Facebook social proof to your site, eg. a "Facebook Like Box".
23. Create a Twitter account for the blog.
24. On your Twitter page, include a connection to your site with your header image.
25. Include your blog's URL inside your Twitter header image.
26. For each article schedule multiple Tweets centering on different aspects of one's content.
27. Use appropriate hashtags that can help promote your articles.
28. Include the post's Featured Image whenever you tweet to enhance engagement.
29. Tweet/retweet content from influencers along with authority blogs inside your marketplace.
30. To build your Twitter followers, follow other people inside your target market.
31. Use Twitter's paid ads to create your Twitter follower count.
32. Promote tweets and get your website post looking at new audiences.
33. Leave 20 characters possibly even free in each Tweet to encourage retweeting.
34. Add Twitter social proof to your blog post, eg. a Twitter Followers widget.
35. Set up scheduled Tweets for old blog articles too.
36. Be patient! Allow for several months' blogging before you decide to see increases in traffic.
37. Create great content--the better it can be, the harder traffic you attract long-term.
38. Craft post titles to get attention plus much more traffic.
39. Create content and share it consistently (no less than weekly).
40. Add images for a post eg. relevant pictures and infographics.
41. Use keyword research to assist shape your site content and maximize search visibility.
42. Create a Featured Image for each and every post to improve engagement, including when sharing.
43. Install the Yoast plugin for WordPress to assist build rankings.
44. Link to valuable posts on other blogs - invite these to reciprocate.
45. Create evergreen posts you can sharing over a prolonged time period.
46. Ensure your blog post is responsive so that your content is accessible across devices.
47. Experiment with list-type and how-to posts to see what's most popular along with your readers.
48. Use Buzzsumo for research and help guide the kind of post you create from now on.
49. Search subreddits for keywords relating on your niche trying to find a relevant community.
50. Ensure your blog post loads quickly. Use a content delivery network for images, etc. to your site.
51. Use list-type posts to develop a series of helpful updates on social networking, eg. one tip = one tweet.
52. Make it all to easy to share your content regularly via social share buttons.
53. Create 2000+ word posts for better search rankings and even more shares.
54. Create link-worthy resource pages on your site.
55. Create posts that aggregate content off their blogs.
56. Always answer comments promptly to aid build relationships.
57. Comment on other blogs where your marketplace congregates - other bloggers may reciprocate.
58. Connect with other bloggers on networks like Twitter - compliment content you enjoyed via DM.
59. Ask to quote or hyperlink to fellow blogs from the post of one's own.
60. Invite bloggers inside your niche to guest post on your website.
61. Ask other blogs should they accept guest posts.
62. Create a company page on LinkedIn.
63. Include your link with your Company Description and provide a lead magnet.
64. Whenever you post to your website, share it on your own LinkedIn company page.
65. Adapt each post into a short article, then publish on LinkedIn Pulse having a link back to your blog site.
66. Build your personal network on LinkedIn to boost views of the content on LinkedIn Pulse, etc.
67. Take part in LinkedIn Group discussions and conversations or start your individual LinkedIn Group.
68. Sponsor the update about your blog post post, and obtain it facing an increased network on LinkedIn.
69. Create a business account on Pinterest.
70. Add your website's url to your Pinterest profile and verify it.
71. Pin your blog post post's Featured Image to Pinterest after you post to your website.
72. Use Pinterest Analytics-info on your most in-demand pins can help you plan future visuals for the blog.
73. Host a tournament on your blog site--done right, this tends to give your site a lot of publicity.
75. Use Quora to look into topics that people as part of your market have an interest in finding out more to do with.
76. Create a Slideshare account and link back for your site through your profile.
77. For each article, adapt it in to a Slideshare presentation.
78. Put your link on each slide in image format making it not repeated on each slide from the transcript.
79. Include a clickable hyperlink to a page on your blog site and call to action following the Slideshare.
80. Share the Slideshare across social media marketing, building your relationship with the social community.
81. Add the Slideshare back into the article to which it relates-this helps your SEO and engagement.
82. Create a YouTube channel on your blog. Your channel will attract subscribers after a while.
83. Upload a header image containing your hyperlink to your YouTube channel.
84. Include the connect to your site inside your channel description.
85. Create a video based on your blog site post while using presentation you made for Slideshare.
86. Add annotations on your video in YouTube to link back to your website.
87. Share film to YouTube, with all the Featured Image, relevant keywords, as well as your link.
88. Embed the YouTube video you made to your post back into the original writing.
89. Adapt your existing content into new podcast episodes then you can share potentially with millions.
90. Mention your site frequently, as well as within the intro and outtro for the podcast.
91. Interview relevant blog owners or business owners for ones podcast.
92. Market your podcast - talk about it in emails, on social and on your website.
93. Do keyphrase research and ensure your website is optimized.
94. Keep the uniqueness of one's own blog - re-purpose, such as the republish your website content elsewhere.
Online Business Ideas
Other Marketing Tactics
95. Develop a powerful webinar to aid sell your business's services and products.
96. Run periodic training lessons offering your expertise on your audience.
97. Use retargeting eg. on Google Adwords to encourage return traffic.
98. Be active in forums within your niche - share your expertise, linking back when appropriate.
99. Share new posts on StumbleUpon - it could possibly still work with traffic.
100. Include links to your blog site in email signatures.
101. Implement another of these tips weekly for just a year -- show patience!